Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Good news....and bad news

OK, I am so pissed off at the Democratic Party that I haven't posted anything in quite a while -- but this really takes the cake.

I heard Bruce's new single, "Radio Nowhere," today. I personally can't wait for the new album to be released. And then I saw the first tour dates.

You see, I grew up and now live again in Arizona. If any of you know anything about Springsteen's history, you'll know that we loved him in Phoenix long, long before anybody in Chicago, Minneapolis, etc. ever heard of him. We are fanatical. Yet, today I found that he's not going to be performing in Phx, Vegas, or anywhere within 350 miles of me in the first leg of the tour. He will be in L.A. on Oct. 28, but there's still no announcement of the venue or when tickets will go on sale.

Maybe this seems petty, but this actually pisses me off as much as the way the Dems caved on the freakin' surveilance act.

What is going on, Bruce? Did you forget all those peeps out here who sold out shows when you couldn't draw 500 people in other towns?

I'm sorry, but I am really, really fucking angry today. I just finished checking on hotels in the L.A. area for Oct. 28 and it looks like I'm going to have to pay more than $300 bucks for a room in the L.A. area due to conventions booked that week. C'mon Bruce, can't you use one of those open dates to do a show that I, as a poor, working fan of yours, can actually attend?

No comments: